Tuesday, January 21, 2014

Paintings by Lynn Eberenz on Display at Bernardsville Library

Spring at the Iris Garden
Bernardsville Public Library is pleased to present an exhibition of paintings by Lynn Eberenz during the month of February.  

Born and raised in New Jersey, Ms. Eberenz, who now lives in Mendham, has enjoyed art – whether drawing, painting, or other artistic pursuits – from a very young age.  While her “day job” as a marketing communications manager makes use of her creative skills, after a 15-year absence from painting, she has rediscovered the unmatched joy and freedom painting gives her. It provides the creative outlet for her emotions and thoughts – whether it’s capturing the transcendence and emotion of light and colors in a traditional still life, the beauty of nature, or a more abstract expression. “In our fast-paced, multi-tasking world, the concentration and single-mindedness painting demands also provides a release as well as its inherent challenges,” she states.  

In 2010, Ms. Eberenz began studying at the Morris County Art Association with Diana K. Gibson, a recognized and award-winning painter who studied under internationally known artist John Phillip Osborne. She has enjoyed working both solo and surrounded by other artists. “Consulting with other artists provides fresh ideas and perspectives that push me to do things I wouldn’t have tried on my own, helping me to grow and discover new inspiration,” she says.

Of her painting, Ms. Eberenz writes, “At the core of all my paintings is the desire to capture the simple beauty of the things I see – with color and its interplay with light being the thing that captivates me. To me, color is one of life’s greatest gifts. Some of my earliest memories are strongly associated with colors. And the intensity of color found only in nature inspires me most. While most of my work to date has been traditional in subject and style, I have recently begun to explore more abstract and contemporary styles including the expression of emotions utilizing color and abstractions of images in nature. Sharing my passion for art and its gifts is one of my lifelong desires.”

This exhibition will be on view in the library’s Community Room during regular library hours unless a meeting is in progress.  For further information, please call the library at 908-766-0118.

No comments:

Post a Comment