Tuesday, October 26, 2010

Bernardsville Author Will Sit Down to Autograph Books


Maribeth Southworth celebrated her fiftieth birthday. Irresponsibly. Her children deserted her in pursuit of their education. Selfishly. She sat down with a latte, a laptop and some leftovers and let her mind wander. Dangerously. She started a private blog, “FiftyandFeisty,” inviting a few friends to follow it and provide feedback. Now it’s all in a new book, She Finally Sat Down. Come meet the author and listen to a few stories, including some set in Bernardsville, at Bernardsville Public Library on Tuesday, November 9 at 1:30 pm and Saturday, November 20 at 1:30 pm.

It all began last December when Ms. Southworth turned fifty. She reassessed her life and, with an empty nest, decided to pursue something she'd never had time for before. With a demanding full-time career as a senior reimbursement manager at Genentech, Inc., she knew it had to be something she could do at home, at night and on the weekends, or while traveling. “I decided to ‘finally sit down’ and write,” she said, “as one of my life's goals had been to write a novel. I had no idea what would come out when I put hands to keyboard, but wrote to a select group of family and friends and said I was going to write each night and I'd like them along for the journey.....on a private blog...where they could give me feedback.” She continued, “The book I had planned to write....a novel....never came to life for me. I had so many non-fiction stories to tell, I wrote what flowed from my heart and head.” The book’s website is http://www.shefinallysatdown.com/.

Books will be signed and available for purchase at the library events. Proceeds will benefit the library. There is no charge to attend, but advance sign-up is requested. Register online at http://www.bernardsvillelibrary.org/ and follow the link under Adult Programs, or call the library at 908-766-0118 to sign up.

No comments:

Post a Comment